Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Disney Bucket List


This is a meme I've noticed among other College Program participants. They list all the things that they want to do, either on their program, or at Disney in general. I figured, eh, why not.
So, here are all the things I want to do at Disney - not just during my program, but throughout my entire Disney career. Booyah!

1. Eat at every restaurant at least once.
Obviously, this isn't going to happen overnight. Between quick service, casual dining, and formal dining, Epcot alone has 28 restaurants. Magic Kingdom has 25, Hollywood Studios has 15, Animal Kingdom has 9. Thus, the four main parks alone have a grand total of 77 restaurants. This doesn't include any of the resorts or Downtown Disney or the water parks or anything else. But it shall happen! The menus look too good for me to resist.

2. Try Dole Whip.
Related to #1, a lot of people I've talked to go absolutely ape shit when I say that I've never had a Dole Whip. (Pineapple soft serve you can get at the Aloha Isle in Adventureland) They consider it betraying mankind to not have ever had Dole Whip. Dole Whip, Dole Whip, DOLE WHIP. Even the Judgmental Disney Nerd says it:


Thus, I shall have to try this miraculous Dole Whip.

3. Drink Around the World
At Epcot, there are 11 countries represented in the World Showcase - Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, the United States, Japan, Morocco, France, the United Kingdom, and Canada. In addition to having attractions that make you feel as if you are in other country, each pavilion offers its own unique alcoholic beverages. There is a challenge out there to drink one beverage from each country before moving on to the next pavilion. I would like to take on this challenge.

4. Meet Rapunzel
Of all the meet and greets I went to, Rapunzel was the one that I just didn't get to. It's a shame, really - she's one of my favorite princesses. I just never got around to saying hi to her. Thus, I'd like to meet her.

5. Complete the Ultimate Tours
The Ultimate Tours are special planned routes that get you to every attraction in a park in the same day. This includes rides, shows, parades, character greetings - you name it. These are intense challenges, but they look amazing. They would also get me into some shows I would otherwise avoid. It would be fun!

6. Learn to draw at least 10 Disney characters from the Animation Academy
As I've said before, I love the Magic of Disney Animation. It's one of my all time favorite things about the parks. I only ever attended the drawing class once though, when I learned to draw Ray the Firefly. I regret not going there more. So, when I go back, I plan on learning a lot more characters.

7. Buy a Figment t-shirt
There's one t-shirt in the gift shop for Journey Into Imagination With Figment. It was Figment purple, with a deliriously happy Figment on the front and the words "One Little Spark." (aka. The Figment song) I loved going in and looking at it, but I never bought it. Next time...it's mine.

8. Collect all of the Figment pins
Yes, I collect pins - specifically, Figment pins. I have one set of Figment pins already - the senses. I need to finish collecting the emotions - apparently, there are two sets of five. Do want.

9. See Fantasmic!, Wishes and Illuminations in one night.
Easier than you think. At certain times of year, Fantasmic! is at 6:30 pm. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is consistently at 9:00 pm, year round. Wishes varies almost daily, so you have to look ahead for times and plan accordingly. But it's entirely possible.

10. The Four Mountains
Space, Thunder, Splash, and Everest - all in one day. Boom, boom, boom, done.

11. Four Parks, One Day.
I want to hit at least 2 rides in each park in one day. (Like, the Mountains for Magic Kingdom, the Tower and Rock-n-Roller Coaster at Studios, etc.) When I decide to do it for real, I'll post a more defined plan on here.

12. Work in all four parks
Thus far, I've had official jobs in two - Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I trained a bit in Epcot as a Character Attendant. But I would like to be able to pick up shifts in all four parks - that would be AWESOME. Working for the weekend!

13. Character Hunting
That is, meeting all of the characters in one park in one day, including photos and autographs. I'm not doing all four parks in one day for this - that's impossible, even for me. But in one park? Entirely possible. You just have to know where to be when and be willing to hunt around and ask questions.

14. Participate in Gay Days
Shocker! But yes, I would love to participate in Gay Days...I was sadly working during the last round.

15. Top scores on Toy Story Midway Mania and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
I was SO CLOSE last time I went on Buzz Lightyear. I was only a few points away! It makes me sad that I didn't make it...but I will! Just watch me!

16. College Program Attraction Tours
These are behind the scenes tours of various rides and shows that are exclusive to College Program participants. This is another thing that I passed up on - and I regret this immensely. I'd love to see behind the scenes of the Haunted Mansion or the Great Movie Ride. Please?

17. Visit DisneyQuest
This is an indoor, interactive theme park in Downtown Disney. I went there years and years ago, and I remember it being completely of the charts epic, other than the whole "paddling into lava" thing. I kept meaning to return during my months in Florida, but I never got around to it. I need to go back though...I need to redeem my title of Pinball Queen.

18. La Nouba
This is the Cirque du Soleil show that is exclusive to Downtown Disney. I've only seen pictures and video clips of it - never seen the real thing. Hell, I've never seen a Cirque du Soleil show anywhere. Thus, it must be seen.

19. The Water Parks
I have not once in my entire life been to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon. (I hear Blizzard is the better one, but I'll pass judgment on that myself) I would love to be able to go and slide down Summit Plummet like a giggling child.

20. Halloween at Magic Kingdom
I found some very good videos of the Halloween celebrations at Magic Kingdom. More specifically, Hallowishes, the Halloween fireworks. It not only confirmed my suspicions that "Heffalumps and Woozles" and "Pink Elephants on Parade" are two of the creepiest songs that have ever come out of Disney, but it also made me scream with delight. Grim grinning ghosts, come out to socialize!
Ahem.
I also want to meet the villains. Just saying...

21. Collect all of the Disney Fastpasses
As in, legit Fastpasses. Not the ones that say "Not a valid Fastpass." As in, the ones that actually have a time on them. As in, I will have to go into the parks and collect Fastpasses that I don't use. Yeah.

22. Club Cool
I want to try every soda offered in Club Cool at Epcot. Thus far, I've only had Japan (yummy) and Italy (YUCK). But I want to try the rest.

23. Visit every Disney Resort
From the All-Stars to the Grand Floridian, I want to visit all of them. I shall take a picture of the main entrance of each to prove that I was there.

24. Do a "bored face"/"silly face" photo on every photo-taking ride
Normal, screaming faces are boring. You've got to do something that makes the photo memorable. And I want to make special memories for a family. :P

25. Hidden Mickey Hunt
I want to go hunting for Hidden Mickeys (with the booklet in hand). Nuff said.

26. Spa Day at the Grand Floridian
After a hard day of work (that makes your back very stiff and your skin all red and sweaty), a spa day sounds reeeeeally good.

27. Visit Mickey's Retreat
Basically, it's a fun little area with pools and sports courts and other fun things. It's a place for Cast Members to go and relax and not worry about things. I want to visit it, especially since it's literally right next to Chatham Square, one of the apartment complexes for College Program people.

28. Get picked as an extra at the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Ok, yes...I have done this before. And you know what? IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

29. Be on a ride during the fireworks
By this, I mean like riding Thunder Mountain while the fireworks are going off. That way, I can see them while screaming like a wee bern.

30. Rent a boat and explore Seven Seas Lagoon
Just paddle around, looking at all the lesser beings in cars...fun times.

31. Backstage Tour
I know that Disney offers a lot of backstage tours, like the Behind the Magic tour at Magic Kingdom. I'd like to go on it and learn what the Guests see and hear when they take the tour. You never know - I could learn something amazing to impress all you underlings with!

32. The Kitchen Sink
Because this seems to be on everyone else's bucket list, I'll add it too. The Kitchen Sink is a dessert served at Disney's Beach Club Resort. As you can see, it's huge and has more sweet stuff than you should ever eat in a single life time. It's designed for a group of people - but there is a challenge out there to eat it solo. I shall do it!

33. Explore the Wide World of Sports
Another one of those "Never been there" stories. I really don't have any idea what it is or why it's there, but I know there's a lot of testosterone involved. Either way, I want to go and check it out. Maybe eat some chicken wings...like a MAN.

34. Ride something at least 10 times in the same day
The closest I've ever come to this was on the Tower of Terror - seven times. Expedition Everest and Rock-n-Roller Coaster are tied for second, with six times. It'll likely end up being Tower, but I've heard other suggestions include the Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur, Test Track, Soarin', Mission: SPACE, and Star Tours. (Actually, Star Tours sounds like the better option, because it changes so often...)

35. See all the variations on Star Tours
If you missed the memo, Star Tours has been updated. Now the ride can change - you could go to Hoth, or perhaps Naboo. Maybe you'll get a message from Yoda, or maybe Princess Leia. Either way, there are many, many combinations of things that could happen. And I want to experience ALL of them.

36. Go on a Disney Cruise
YOU KNOW IT WOULD BE AWESOME.

37. Visit Disneyland
This really shouldn't need to be explained...beyond me wanting to ride the Matterhorn.


If I come up with any more, I shall let you know. But I think this is a pretty good bucket list for right now.

AGENT R IS OUT. PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment