Monday, October 10, 2011

Broken Record?

Let me say this up front: I love the show "Phineas and Ferb." It's my favorite TV show, and I always look forward to the new episodes. I own a Perry the Platypus plush. I even intend to name my future child either Candace or Phineas.

Having said that...

This past Friday, the Halloween special "That's the Spirit/The Curse of Candace" aired. Despite the unholy plethora of Twilight/TruBlood references, I found it extremely funny. (Plus, Marty McFly was in it! How cool is that?!)

How many other shows marketed to children manage to get references to Hell in an episode?

However, in the past 3 days, this same episode has played at least seven times, not including the original airing.
I love a good Halloween episode, but come on! What about episodes like "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!"? That was a wonderful, funny episode that could easily fit in with the Halloween schedule. (And I missed the new episode prior to the Halloween episode - I have yet to see it aired again)

So...no more Twilight-induced mind-fuck specials this week? Please?

On the more positive (sort of?) side of things, I got out my still functioning VHS copy of The Lion King. I haven't seen it in ages...but the glory that is this movie has not changed. I still cheered when Mufasa kicked the hyenas in the rumpass. I still got chills whenever Jeremy Irons spoke. I still cried like a baby during the Stampede (and...that scene...that happens directly after).

Whoever said that Disney movies were just for kids? Liars, all of them. *sniffles*

AGENT R IS OUT. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment