Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spongebob Was Right?

And not just about chocolate. (Please see the episode "Chocolate with Nuts" if you need a reference point)

I'm specifically referring to the episode "Idiot Box." For those deprived souls who did not watch this episode, Spongebob and Patrick acquire a large box to play with/in. From the outside, it sounds to Squidward (and us) like they are having many grand adventures...but when he opens the box, S & P are just sitting there.
When asked how they were doing that, among other bits of explanation, was that they were...


Back when I worked at Disney as a Character Attendant, one of my all time favorite shifts was working the castle show Dream Along With Mickey. It's a musical extravaganza with 15 different characters from various Disney animated features. Part of the lyrics go like this:
"With romance and adventure, their laughter and much more, with our imagination, imagine what's in store..."

On Fridays, the last show of the day is (usually) accompanied by two sign language interpreters. When they signed that particular line, I noticed something interesting.

They used the same motion for the word imagination as Spongebob did. 
I guess Spongebob is smarter than we thought?

In other news, my ASL is progressing quite nicely. I might actually be able to use it by the time I get back to Disney.

And the network still hasn't figured out that we're tired of P&F meets Twilight...

AGENT R IS OUT. PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment